Lifetime’s “Supermarket Superstar” Winner Tekisha Collins to Visit A&P Banner Stores
Customers can hear Collins’ inspirational story and sample a Smoogy
Montvale, N.J. – October 4, 2013 – The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (A&P) is pleased to offer its customers a chance to meet Tekisha Collins, Season One winner of Lifetime’s “Supermarket Superstar,” on Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6 at select A&P, Pathmark and Waldbaum’s stores.
Collins created the winning product called a Smoogy, which is a decadent frozen cookie sandwich with a flavored cheesecake filling that is sold exclusively in the A&P family of supermarkets. Smoogies can be found in the freezer aisle in flavors such as Chocolate Fudge and Original Lemon.
“It is with great excitement, and simply a dream come true, that the Smoogy will be available in A&P supermarkets,” said Tekisha Collins. “I am very excited to be the inaugural supermarket superstar and even more thrilled to meet A&P shoppers this weekend sharing my Smoogy Cookie and the journey that has brought me here!”
Collins will visit the following stores for in-store appearances and product sampling:
- Saturday, October 5
- Pathmark located at 1351 Forest Ave, Staten Island, N.Y. from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Pathmark located at 321 Stadium Plaza, Jersey City, N.J. from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Pathmark located at 481 River Road, Edgewater, N.J. from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 6
- Waldbaum’s located at 213-15 26th Avenue, Flushing, N.Y. from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- A&P located at 610 Columbus Avenue, Thornwood, N.Y. from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
# # #
Founded in 1859, A&P is one of the nation's first supermarket chains. The company operates more than 300 stores in six states under the following trade names: A&P, Best Cellars, Food Basics, The Food Emporium, Pathmark, Superfresh and Waldbaum's.
A&P Public Relations